Desk Research entails the analysis, verification and processing of any type of secondary data that is available at the time of the survey. The researcher may use various source materials, such as:
- client’s materials (previous surveys, internal data),
- statistical data (CSO, EUROSTAT),
- publications, studies and industry reports,
- commercial offers of enterprises,
- balance sheets and financial statements, legal documentation,
- generally available materials posted on the Internet,
- materials collected from competitors.
Data sources are analysed in terms of their quality and reliability, and processed accordingly by an experienced researcher, in order to create a coherent report containing a summary addressing a given research problem with a reference list of the data sources used.
The results of the Desk Research analysis may serve as an alternative solution to conduct a customised research, and complemented with IDI interviews with branch experts, providing a relevant input to ongoing projects. The method allows for a reduction of the cost and time of research while providing reliable and high quality results.